The one about Chicken and Dumplings and a Crazy Monkey
He's also kind of a monkey. He's figured out that he can scoot chairs around to get into cabinets and things that are high up. Much to my chagrin. Just as I was typing this he got into the school supply cabinet and pulled out a ton of markers. All the markers in this house are put up high because of this:
He's a regular Picasso. That marker, yeah, it's permanent.
At least it's getting cold outside. I love winter because winter means I get to make my favorite comfort foods. Casseroles and soups galore! There is nothing better than coming home on a cold night to a hot comfort meal. Mmm. This recipe is a super easy one that I like to make. You just throw it all in the slow cooker and you're done. I love my slow cooker. Chicken and Dumplings is great because the whole family likes it (who wouldn't?). I'm a terrible food blogger and always forget to take the pictures of the food before we start devouring it, but oh well. Here's the recipe:
- Layer frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Put butter on top of chicken.
- Spoon cream of chicken soup over chicken.
- Put in chopped onions.
- Pour chicken broth over top.
- Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Return to crockpot. Cut each raw biscuit into 4 pieces. Place in crockpot. Continue cooking for an hour on low.