The one about cheesy potato casserole.
CHEESY BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
-6 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, with skin on! (you can take the skin off, but it makes it less baked potato-ey)
-4 ounces of Velveeta (you could substitute another cheese, but when I'm looking for comfort food, this is still a guilty pleasure, if substituting, I'd suggest Gruyere)
-1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
-4 slices of American cheese
-Seasoned Salt (Lawry's of course)
-Coarse black pepper
-1/4 cup milk
-Bacon bits or BacO's
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a glass 9x13 baking dish, throw in your chopped potatoes, toss with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, seasoned salt, and coarse black pepper to taste.
- Put in oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until your potatoes are golden brown and soft throughout.
- Towards the end of baking time for your potatoes, prepare cheese sauce. In a large microwavable bowl, put all cheeses and milk. Microwave in 2 minute increments until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook approximately 2 cups broccoli according to package directions.
- When potatoes are finished, toss with cheese sauce and broccoli. If the sauce is runny, place in oven for 10 additional minutes. If sauce is as desired, serve. Garnish with sour cream and bacon bits.